This is a quick and easy recipe that uses REAL chicken, is low fat, low salt and has no added nasties. Get the kids involved in this one – they’ll love it (plus it’s a great way to encourage them to experiment and enjoy new foods! Makes 20-25 nuggets (You can freeze leftovers or feed the whole family, big kids too) ENJOY!!!
- 650 grams of chicken tenderloins
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs (Japanese style bread crumb that is available in most supermarkets)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons of herbs (pick what ever you like, parsley is always a safe bet with kids)
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium head of broccoli
- 2 squash
- 2 tsp Rosemary
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cut along the chicken tenderloin into 2-3 pieces, depending on the size you want your chicken nuggets to be.
- In a bowl, place your breadcrumbs and herbs and mix together.
- In a separate bowl put your whisked egg.
- Coat each piece of chicken in a layer of egg, and then toss in your breadcrumb mixture until totally covered.
- Place on an oven tray on baking paper and pop into the oven for 25 minutes at 180degrees.
- Peel potatoes and cut into long strips (French fry style), place strips on baking paper, add olive oil and rosemary and mix together.
- Place in oven for approximately 25 minutes at 180 degrees (or until golden brown)
- Peel carrot and cut into strips, wash broccoli and cut into individual florets, wash squash and cut into wedges.
- Boil water in a saucepan and steam veggies for approximately 10-15 minutes