This salad has been a weekly staple for me this summer – it’s so easy to prepare, really colourful and so delicious! You can tee it up with whatever you like….I’ve chosen squid on this occasion but salmon, chicken, lamb, hamburgers, tofu all work just as well – the possibilities are endless!
Serves 2 (you will have lots of left over salad)
- 1 x 260g packet John West salt and pepper squid
- ½ Red cabbage finely chopped
- 120g Spinach leaves
- 200g Grated carrot
- 200g Grated beetroot
- 3 Spring onions sliced
- 1 x 400g can no added salt corn (rinsed and drained well)
- 1/2 - 1 tbs Sweet chilli sauce (per person)
- 1 heaped tsp Low-fat mayonnaise (per person)
- Coat squid in seasoning provided in pack and cook on a medium heat for approx. 4-5 minutes each side.
- Combine all vegetables, sweet chilli sauce and mayonnaise in a large Tupperware container, pop the lid on and give it a good shake and your DONE! Yep, it’s that easy!
- Tip: I often make this salad up in bulk without the sweet chili sauce and mayo and when I’m ready to eat it I take what I need and add the condiments just before serving it up – saves it from going soggy. Also, the grated carrot and beetroot are available in packs from Coles – a great option if your super strapped for time!